Week 1 – Plastercasting

This weeks art experience was very different than what I was used to. I’ve never really dealt with plaster before and as I expected, it was a difficult task.  The sand made it very difficult to make an imprint/mold because the sand kept caving in but after many trials I was able to make one. My experience was very fun yet tedious. I ended up doing the project at my house with a friend because we didn’t have time to go to the beach. Unfortunately, we didn’t add enough water to the plaster so it didn’t fill the mold properly.  My hand plaster wasn’t my ultimate goal, I originally wanted to do a “rock on” hand symbol or make an “L”, but every time I tried, the sand collapsed into the mold. Fun project! Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 5.41.45 PM.png

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s